Terms and Conditions
TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: 08/31/2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS: WHEN YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND GOES THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 21 “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATION.
THE SERVICES MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL MEDICAL CONDITIONS OR CONCERNS.
- Agreement to Terms. By creating an account or otherwise using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services.
- Our Services. Our Services may include access to and use of our Site and the knowledge and information contained on the Site, as well as access to our App that allows you to interact with an automated off-line assessment tool, and/or to connect you with Wilderness Medicine MDs. We do not control or interfere with the practice of medicine by Wilderness Medicine MDs.
- Changes to these Terms or the Services. We may update the Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. If we do, we’ll let you know by posting the updated Terms on the Site, to the App and/or may also send other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we update them or you use the Services. If you continue to use the Services after we have posted updated Terms it means that you accept and agree to the changes. If you don’t agree to be bound by the changes, you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
- High Risk Activity. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you recognize and appreciate the dangers, hazards, and risks associated with participation in outdoor wilderness activities. You further understand that the dangers, hazards, and risks of the outdoor wilderness activities, including engaging in travel and other activities at high altitude, could include serious or even fatal injuries and property damage. You acknowledge that you have fully considered the dangers, hazards, and risks associated with participation in such activities, and voluntarily assume those dangers, hazards, and risks.
- Who May Use the Services? While some aspects of the Services are provided to all users, for other aspects such as the ability to create an account, you must be at least 13 years of age. For certain features of the Services you’ll need an account. It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and current account information and keep this information up to date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your account. To protect your account, keep the account details and password confidential, and notify us right away of any unauthorized use. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- Your Relationship to GOES.
- The content of the Services and App are provided for informational purposes only. Any advice or information provided through the content on the Services or App does not create a provider-patient relationship, is not an aid to making medical decisions, and is not marketed, promoted or otherwise intended to be used to diagnose any disease or other condition, or to cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. The content of the Services and App is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Services or App. RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES OR APP BY GOES, OTHERS APPEARING ON THE SITE AT THE INVITATION OF GOES, OR OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR APP IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- GOES acts solely as a technology platform to provide you with products and virtual wilderness medicine consultation service (“Virtual Services”) provided to users via the Services and App offered through the Services, including connecting you with Wilderness Medicine MDs. You acknowledge and agree that GOES is not a healthcare provider and that by using the Services, you are not entering into a doctor-patient or other healthcare provider-patient relationship with GOES. The Virtual Services you receive from Wilderness Medicine MDs through the Services or App should not be used as a replacement for professional guidance from your primary care provider or any other health care providers, and such Virtual Services may not necessarily give rise to a provider-patient relationship or an ongoing treatment relationship. You are expected to seek follow-up or emergency care as needed or recommended by a Wilderness Medicine MD, and you should continue to consult with your primary care provider and/or any other health care providers as needed or recommended. Additionally, unexpected events may disrupt our electronic communication with you and we may not be able to contact you as quickly as we would like to due to uncontrollable circumstances. Moreover, please be aware that our Wilderness Medicine MDs tailor their response to your specific situation, taking into account the information you have shared, and their response may not be appropriate for other circumstances or similarly situated individuals. While the Services are intended to provide benefits such as convenient on-demand virtual access to Wilderness Medicine MDs and the Virtual Services they provide, there do exist potential risks associated with the use of the Virtual Services.
- Wilderness Medicine MDs. All Wilderness Medicine MDs providing information through the Services are registered physicians or hold other licenses or certifications applicable to provide medical service that are issued by the applicable professional licensing or certification board in the state in which they practice. Some Wilderness Medicine MDs providing information through the Services hold other or higher professional licenses that were issued by a professional licensing board in the state in which they practice. Services provided by the Wilderness Medicine MDs are limited to virtual wilderness medicine consultation services only. Any information or advice received from a Wilderness Medicine MD comes from the Wilderness Medicine MD and GOES is not responsible for the quality and appropriateness of any information provided by the Wilderness Medicine MD. While GOES may facilitate your communications with the Wilderness Medicine MD, it is the Wilderness Medicine MD providing the advice and recommendations, and any provider-patient relationship is only between you and the applicable Wilderness Medicine MD, and not with GOES.
- Additional Terms Related to Our Services.
- As with any type of health care information, there are potential risks associated with the use of information provided through the Services.
- Information available to the Wilderness Medicine MDs may not be sufficient to make a correct diagnosis or other professional decisions. For example, there could be limitations in the information transmitted to the Wilderness Medicine MD and access to your complete medical records, which could lead to incorrect assessments or other adverse reactions. Also, information that can be obtained only by in-person, physical examination or by being physically present with the patient will not be available. In some cases, the Wilderness Medicine MD may conclude that the information transmitted is not sufficient (e.g., poor resolution of images) or on some other basis the nature of your issue is such that it does not allow for the Services to be provided appropriately by the Wilderness Medicine MD without an in-person evaluation.
- Telehealth and virtual care relies on electronic communications and devices. Any technical failure or power outage could therefore delay or disrupt such communications and hinder, delay or erase GOES’s and its Wilderness Medicine MDs’ ability to assist you. Wilderness Medicine MDs providing information through the Services are aware of these limitations and take them into account in making professional decisions within the scope of their practice as a wilderness medicine medical professional, but the risk of error nevertheless exists.
In some cases, applicable laws may prevent Wilderness Medicine MDs from providing the services you desire through the Services or App.
- Since telehealth and other forms of virtual care remain relatively new approaches to care, risks not yet identified, possibly significant, could also exist.
You are under no obligation, of course, to obtain or use health information through the Services. You may obtain care through conventional, in-person services instead of or in addition to these Services. Please feel free to provide feedback to GOES should you become concerned that our virtual care may be insufficient for your needs.
- Feedback. We appreciate feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). If you choose to submit Feedback, you agree that we are free to use it without any restriction or compensation to you.
- Your Account. For certain features of the Services, you will need an account. It is important that you provide us with accurate, complete, and current account information and keep this information up to date. If you do not, we might have to suspend or terminate your account. To protect your account, keep the account details and password confidential, and notify us right away of any unauthorized use. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- Payments and Fees. Your employer may have subscribed to our Services in order for you to access them at no cost. If that is the case, this section may not be relevant to you. Otherwise, GOES requires payment of a fee for use of the Services (or certain portions thereof) and you agree to pay such fees. You have the option of making a one-time payment (“One-Time Payment”) or purchasing a subscription (“Subscription”) for such use.
- General. Whether you make a One-Time Payment or purchase a Subscription (each, a “Transaction”), you expressly authorize us (or our third-party payment processor) to charge you for such Transaction. We may ask you to supply additional information relevant to your Transaction, including your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card and your email and postal addresses for billing and notification (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. When you initiate a Transaction, you authorize us to provide your Payment Information to third parties so we can complete your Transaction and to charge your payment method for the type of Transaction you have selected (plus any applicable taxes and other charges). You may need to provide additional information to verify your identity before completing your Transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information). By initiating a Transaction, you agree to the pricing, payment and billing policies applicable to such fees and charges, as posted or otherwise communicated to you. All payments for Transactions are non-refundable and non-transferable except as expressly provided in these Terms. All fees and applicable taxes, if any, are payable in United States dollars.
- Subscriptions. If you purchase a Subscription, you will be charged the annual Subscription fee, plus any applicable taxes, and other charges (“Subscription Fee”), at the beginning of your Subscription and each year thereafter, at the then-current Subscription Fee. BY PURCHASING A SUBSCRIPTION, YOU AUTHORIZE GOES TO INITIATE RECURRING NON-REFUNDABLE PAYMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW. If you purchase a Subscription, we (or our third-party payment processor) will automatically charge you each year on the anniversary of the commencement of your Subscription, using the Payment Information you have provided until you cancel your Subscription. No less than thirty (30) days and no more than sixty (60) days before your Subscription term ends, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law, GOES will send you a reminder with the then-current Subscription Fee. By agreeing to these Terms and electing to purchase a Subscription, you acknowledge that your Subscription has recurring payment features and you accept responsibility for all recurring payment obligations prior to cancellation of your Subscription by you or GOES. Your Subscription continues until cancelled by you or we terminate your access to or use of the Services or Subscription in accordance with these Terms.
- Cancelling One-Time Payment or Subscription. You may cancel a Transaction for a full refund within ten (10) calendar days of your initial purchase. AFTER THAT, YOUR PURCHASE IS FINAL AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL THE PURCHASE AND/OR RECEIVE A REFUND OF YOUR ONE-TIME PAYMENT OR SUBSCRIPTION FEE AT ANY TIME. But if something unexpected happens in the course of completing a Transaction, we reserve the right to cancel your Transaction for any reason; if we cancel your Transaction we’ll refund any payment you have already remitted to us for such Transaction. Without limiting the foregoing, you may cancel your Subscription at any time, but please note that such cancellation will be effective at the end of the then-current Subscription period. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INITIAL SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND OF ANY PORTION OF THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE PAID FOR THE THEN CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD AT THE TIME OF CANCELLATION. To cancel, you can send an email to email@example.com. You will be responsible for all Subscription Fees (plus any applicable taxes and other charges) incurred for the then-current Subscription period. If you cancel, your right to use the Services will continue until the end of your then current Subscription period and will then terminate without further charges.
- GOES’s Intellectual Property Rights. The Services and App, including the content we may make available through the Services, is subject to intellectual property rights. We retain all rights to the Services and App, and the content we make available through the Services.
- Rights and Terms for Apps. If you comply with these Terms, GOES grants to you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install the App on your personal computers, mobile handsets, tablets, wearable devices, and/or other devices and to run the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App (unless applicable law permits, despite this limitation); or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.
- General Prohibitions and GOES’s Enforcement Rights. You agree not to do any of the following:
- Use the Services to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, GOES’s name, any GOES trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without GOES’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, GOES’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of GOES’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any GOES system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by GOES or any of GOES’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or download content from the Services using any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by GOES or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a GOES trademark, logo URL or product name without GOES’s express written consent;
- Use the Services, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
GOES is not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider it objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
- Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Services (including the App) may allow you to access third-party websites or other resources. We provide access only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party resources.
- Termination. We may suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Services, including suspending access to or terminating your account, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you.. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the Services or your account, the following Sections will survive: 7, 8, 10, 12(a), 12(b), 12(c) (only for payments due and owing to GOES prior to the termination), 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
- Warranty Disclaimers.
- THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any information or content on the Services.
- GOES IS NOT PROVIDING MEDICAL TREATMENT, AND YOU ARE AND WILL REMAIN RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEKING APPROPRIATE MEDICAL CARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, AS FURTHER SPECIFIED HEREIN, GOES DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR ENDORSEMENTS REGARDING MEDICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONSULTS WITH WILDERNESS MEDICINE MDs) OR SITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING GOES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ALL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AND SITE. BY USING THE SERVICES AND SITE, YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT TAKE ANY MEDICAL ACTION, OR FAIL TO TAKE ANY MEDICAL ACTION, OR CHANGE ANY OF YOUR MEDICATIONS OR DOSAGES, WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
- Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold GOES and its officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Services or (b) your violation of these Terms.
- Limitation of Liability.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER GOES NOR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT GOES OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL GOES’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID OR ARE PAYABLE BY YOU TO GOES FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO GOES, AS APPLICABLE.
- THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN GOES AND YOU.
- Governing Law and Forum Choice. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 21 “Dispute Resolution,” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and GOES are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in the [San Francisco, California, and you and GOES each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
- Dispute Resolution.
- Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and GOES agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms, and that you and GOES are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms.
- Exceptions. As limited exceptions to Section 21(a) above: (i) we both may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights.
- Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org.
Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, and we won’t seek to recover the administration and arbitrator fees we are responsible for paying, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
- Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in Section 21(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any claim asserted by either party and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. To the extent that you or we prevail on a claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual claims in arbitration.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND GOES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ Dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
- Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 21(f) of these Terms (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms will still apply.
- General Terms.
- Reservation of Rights. GOES and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between GOES and you regarding the Services, and these Terms supersede and replace all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between GOES and you regarding the Services. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. Except where provided by applicable law in your jurisdiction, you may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without GOES’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms absent our consent or your statutory right, without such consent, will be null. GOES may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by GOES under these Terms will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
- Waiver of Rights. GOES’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of GOES. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact GOES at firstname.lastname@example.org.